Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

To celebrate, I'll be cooking my favorite homemade chicken enchiladas served with some chips and salsa and of course, we'll be having a few adult beverages! I was watching the Food Network when I came across this recipe, but since I'm more of an "on-the-rocks" kinda gal, I changed it up a bit. It's delicious so give it a try!


Chunky Strawberry Daiquiri (on-the-rocks)

10 fresh strawberries cleaned and cut into 4
1 cup lemonade juice
1 cup orange juice
coconut or pineapple rum (my choice is coconut)
triple sec (optional)
lime wedges
sugar

Mash strawberries in a bowl and place in pitcher. Add juices, rum, optional triple sec to the pitcher and sprinkle sugar to sweeten. Rub the rim of the glass with lime and roll the glass in sugar. Garnish with strawberries. Pour into glass, serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...