Friday, January 7, 2011

Red velvet whoopie pies

There were so many different types of desserts at my sweets and treats party. Because my to-do list was getting longer to the days leading up to the party, I knew I wanted to make something easy and tasty. What more do you need, right? So I baked red velvet whoopie pies. These were soooo yummy, I still dream about them. Give it a try yourself!

Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
1 box red velvet cake mix
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Mix all ingredients until combined
  • Drop spoonfuls of batter onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart
  • bake for 10-12 minutes until cool
Cream Cheese Filling
1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 8oz. package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 2lbs. bag of confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla
  • In a mixer, cream butter, cream cheese and vanilla
  • gradually add sugar and mix until smooth

Makes about 12 whoopie pies


Slightly altered: Via Bake
rella and Recipe from All Made Cookies

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...