Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine's day desserts

Since Valentine's Day is coming around the corner, I thought I would share some tasty treats. I'm a sucker for desserts and have a really bad sweet tooth! I'm doing a little lifestyle change where I cant eat everything I see, but who says we still can't look! Some of my favorites come from Martha Stewart.... If I can fit baking into my schedule, here are some I would choose.

Bittersweet Chocolate, Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches,
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake, Molten Chocolate Cake

If I were to just go out and purchase something (or hint to my lovely to purchase something for me), I have my list of favorites too! So here they are...

1. Macarons! I first feel in love when I had them at Bouchon in Napa. They are so divine! And if you're in the SoCal area, check out Sweet and Saucy Bakeshop. My lovely had business in Long Beach so he brought some for me on his way home and they were delish! Only if we lived closer. (BTW- if anyone knows of any spot in San Diego, please advise!)

Sweet and Saucy Shop

2. Ice Cream Cake! You can never go wrong with ice cream. We've had this before special ordered with strawberry cheesecake ice cream and vanilla cake! I also love the size. It's perfect for 2!
Baskin Robbins

3. Neapolitan Cake! OMG! This is by far the best cake I've even had! It comes from the filipino bakeshop Goldilocks which describes it as a layer each of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla chiffon cake filled with chocolate ganache and strawberry butter cream iced with vanilla butter cream. If that doesn't make your mouth water, I don't know what will!



So there you have my favorites to bake and take. All so good and if it weren't for my new lifestyle change, I'd have them all! What are your favorite desserts?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...