Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Project Nursery: Maya's room

The Dolldine Designs family has welcomed our newest addition!  We are so in love with our new bundle of joy and it has been the greatest blessing!  After a cesarian delivery, I'm happy to announce that our family is adjusting and doing well.  After posting our nursery inspiration, we got several requests on Maya's nursery and I'm doing the big reveal today.  We settled on pink and gray because pink is my favorite color and gray is lovely's.  It was a true labor of love and we put in lots of DIY work for our little love bug.  The crib and changing table were gently used and purchased from a close friend (thanks, Renato) and we painted the changing table with Martha Stewart's metallic paint and added hardware.  I made the butterfly mobile with white cardstock since I was inspired by the Pottery Barn mobile which was no longer available. 
I sewed the bedskirt, curtains and made some pillows to match as well.  I also wrapped the lamps with fabric and trimmed it with pink grosgrain ribbon.  The crib bumper was purchased at Babies'R us from the collection Lambs and Ivy.  The glider is one of my favorites in the room.  Maya and I spend countless hours cuddling and nursing here.  It's very special for me!
We wrapped canvas boards with the same fabric as the lamps and I hand cut the pink flowers.  It reminds me of one of my favorite flowers, a plumeria. And because I wanted to get everything done, I painted her growth chart on a plank of wood and tied the same pink ribbon at the top.

I really liked this print from Pizzazzerie.com.  It was a Valentine printable and had the same colors we had in mind for her room so we framed it.  Behind the door is where her diaper bag is hanging.  
I love Maya's closet.  Lovely made the configuration and we bought storage bins to put extra blankets, towels and other things for her.  Her clothes are all so adorable.  Thanks to our sweet family and friends for her wonderful wardrobe!  I saw many ideas online for closet dividers and thought about purchasing some, but for $10 a 3-pack, I figured I make my own that matched.
Here's a closeup of some of the details...



Thanks for stopping by and checking out Maya's new haven and a place she calls home.  We will definitely be spending lots of time here with our little love bug!  Another big thank you to Fuerte Photography for capturing our maternity session, which we have framed throughout Maya's room and her newborn session which you can see both on our Facebook page.    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...